Monday, July 25, 2011

24th of July traditions

Yes, Meckenna and I have the exact same boots.
 I love July!  It's hot and busy and so much fun!  We went to the Days of 47 rodeo with my dad.  The two big reasons I love this tradition:  1. My dad is a cowboy at heart and he's been taking us to the rodeo for about as long as I can remember.  So it totally has a sentimental value to me.  AND.... 2.  Who doesn't love a perfect opportunity to wear cowboy boots!

 

 Next tradition:  the Parade!  My whole family has been going to the 24th of July parade for my whole life.  My wonderful aunt Nancy is usually the one who heads to Liberty Park the day before to save our family   spot.  As fun as Jay is, he does not like parades, so he stayed home with Belle while the other girls and I headed up to the fun!  I love the parade!  It's the floats and motorcycles and time with family; but again, it's sentimental for me.  And I love, love to be with my adorable Granny Goldie.  She makes the experience extraordinary with her clapping props and pom poms and cheering.  So much fun!


We also went to Salina again this weekend.  It was just the 6 of us all alone out in the wide open beauties of nature.  We had so much fun together despite the heat and bugs.  We went on the 2-3 hour round trip 4 wheeler drive to the waterfall on the property and the girls got to learn how to drive the little 4 wheeler.  Loved it!


No comments :

Post a Comment